The U.S. Probation Department for the Eastern District of New York, as a component of the federal judiciary responsible for community corrections, is fundamentally committed to protecting the public and assisting in the fair administration of justice.
We believe. . .
- In the right of all persons to be treated with dignity and fairness.
- In our role of ensuring that the court is provided with information vital to making appropriate pretrial release decisions and imposing just and fair sentences.
- In the protection of the public as the most vital aspect of community supervision and in proper supervision as the best means to control and reduce risk.
- In the ability of people to change and in our responsibility to provide persons under our supervision with opportunities for treatment.
- In individual commitment to a shared vision as the best way to achieve our mission.
The U.S. Probation Department for the Eastern District of New York strives to exemplify the highest ideals and standards in community corrections.
COUNTIES WE SERVE